MacPorts Made Easy: PortAuthority
Buy from BMT Micro: $29.99
Take Control of Unix Software
PortAuthority makes it easy to install thousands of Unix software packages for Mac OS X. Powered by the MacPorts Unix-software management system, PortAuthority's familiar three-pane interface lets you get started doing what you want to do--finding, installing, and removing software.
- Easy to use solution for managing MacPorts software packages and the MacPorts infrastructure.
- Search and sort MacPorts packages by keyword, category, and more.
- Export MacPorts logs to text and printed output.
- Growl integration.
- Fast: PortAuthority doesn't bog down system resources.
- Thorough user documentation via the "Help" menu.
- Display detailed information about MacPorts packages.
- "I hope you'll all download the PortAuthority program and give it a try. It's quite nice..."--Christopher Roach, MacDevCenter
To install PortAuthority, download the latest version. It can be installed
anywhere on your machine. Earlier installations can be moved to the trash.
The download is a 30-day demo; you can purchase a license to use the program
past the 30-day trial period. Mac OS X 10.13 is the minimum supported platform. A MacPorts installation is also required; MacPorts can be downloaded from http://www.macports.org.
Upgrading PortAuthority from Earlier Versions
Registered users of our applications receive free upgrades for life, and never have to pay an upgrade fee.
What's New in Version 7.7
- Multiple updates to improve stability and UI performance on 10.13.
Text ©2017 WordTech Communications, LLC. See Credits for other acknowledgments.